Our Dental hygienist at Leigh Dental Centre in Leigh on Sea and Southend, focus on preventative dental treatment and the treatment of gum disease. They will scale and polish your teeth and provide you with lifestyle and oral health advice to ensure your teeth stay looking their best in between appointments.
At your appointment, the hygienist will discuss your oral hygiene routine to find out how many times a day you brush your teeth, which toothbrush and toothpaste you use and if you use any interdental cleaning aids. They may also ask you some lifestyle questions. You have been brushing your teeth for years but this does not necessarily mean you have been doing it correctly! The hygienist will then thoroughly clean and polish your teeth and gums.
From 21st May 2013 the General Dental Council lifted the barrier on having to see the dentist for an examination prior to seeing the hygienist. You are now able to see the dental hygienist at any time and at any practice without the need to see the dentist.
Our hygienist can help you with
- Whitening your teeth
- Scaling and Polishing your teeth to remove unsightly stains
- Applying fluoride to protect your teeth from decay
- Removing calculus to give you healthier gums
- Improved oral health – regular scaling and polishing helps to keep teeth and gums healthy by removing plaque and calculus that can build up and cause gum disease
- Remove stains – the hygienist will polish your teeth to remove food, drink and other lifestyle stains
- Learn effective brushing techniques – demonstrations on effective tooth brushing can help to remove plaque without causing tooth wear and receding gums.
Click through to Airflow stain removal