At Leigh Dental Centre we can help you to smile proud this festive season with a course of at home or in surgery teeth whitening. The reason teeth whitening has seen such an increase in popularity is because is easy to do, non-invasive, has very little risk of side effects and most importantly it works!
Teeth whitening procedure
Here at Leigh Dental Centre we use the Pola Advanced Teeth Whitening System, which gives you the option of either bleaching your teeth in surgery or you can bleach your teeth in the comfort of your own home.
In Surgery Teeth Whitening
Your dentist will first protect your gums before applying the whitening solution and then switch on the special blue lamp, which activates the solution. The whitening is done in four 15-minute sessions, but you will need to allow around two hours for the whole appointment.
At Home Teeth Whitening
Your dentist will take impressions of your teeth and this is used to create a custom made whitening tray. You will be shown how to apply the whitening gel to the trays and your dentist will advise you how long you will need to wear the trays for. You can then take the trays and whitening kit home and complete the treatment in your own time.
Benefits of teeth whitening
- Teeth whitening ensures you can be confident of always making a great first impression
- Whiter teeth can help you to appear more youthful
- Teeth whitening improves self confidence
- Teeth whitening does not cause any damage to your teeth and gums
- Teeth whitening provides a dramatic change in appearance for a relatively small outlay.
We recommend the following tips to care for your teeth:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes, twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks.
- Quit smoking
- Visit your dentist regularly